Pre-meetings documents (Monday October 1)
Pre-meeting registration - Click here
Pre-meeting registrations (1 Feb)
To be uploaded
SEG pre-meeting agenda 7: Refer to Agenda 6.2(b): SARex3 implementation of the Polar Code by Norway
SEG pre-meeting agenda item 9: One-pager risk mitigation in Arctic shipping
SEG pre-meeting agenda 12: Overview of Low-Impact Shipping Corridors and other Shipping Management Schemes, draft version 30 Jan.
IMO's PPR meeting documents (HFO/Black Carbon related) (February 2019): All in one file for download here (ZIP)
List of the documents:
- PPR 6-7 - Report of the Correspondence Group on Investigation of Appropriate Control Measures to Redu... (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-7-1 - Canada’s views on the completion of the PPR Sub-Committee's Black Carbon remit (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-7-2 - Effective control measures of Black Carbon emissions from marine diesel enginesbased on th... (Finland).pdf
- PPR 6-7-3 - Appropriate priority Black Carbon control measures for international shipping (Pacific Environment and C...).pdf
- PPR 6-12 - Impact assessment of a ban on the use and carriage of heavy fuel oil as fuel by ships oper... (FOEI, Greenpeace, WWF, Pa...).pdf
- PPR 6-12-1 - Development of guidelines on measures to reduce risks of use and carriage of heavyfuel oil... (Russian Federation).pdf
- PPR 6-12-2 - Time frame for completion of the output and consideration of the assessment ofimpacts for... (Russian Federation).pdf PPR 6-12-3 - Combined methodology to analyse impacts of a ban on heavy fuel oil useand carriage as fuel... (Finland, France, Germany,...).pdf
- PPR 6-12-4 - Considerations of the impacts on Canadian Arctic communities from a banof heavy fuel oil u... (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-12-5 - Comments on document PPR 6123 (Russian Federation).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.6 - Comments received, disposition and working documents of the Correspondence Group on Invest... (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.8 - Phasing out the use and carriage for use of heavy fuel oil in the Canadian Arctic impacts... (WWF).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.11 - Appropriate Black Carbon control measures for international shipping summary of aninternat... (Canada, Finland and the R...).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.12 - Emissions of an in-use, natural-gas-powered dual-fuel commercial ferry operated inVancouve... (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.13 - Evaluation of the effect of SCR, EGC and sulphur limit solutions on Black Carbon emissions... (Canada & Denmark).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.14 - Evaluation of the effect of EGR on Black Carbon emissions from ships and the effectof samp... (Canada & Denmark).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.15 - Control measures of Black Carbon emissions from marine diesel engines - focus onresults us... (Finland).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.18 - Black Carbon from ships review of the state of the science, measurement methods,contributi... (Clean Shipping Coalition).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.19 - Cost analysis of Arctic HFO ban for cruise shipping a case study of theMS Rotterdam operat... (Clean Shipping Coalition).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.21 - Impact assessment on a ban on heavy fuel oil use in Greenland (Denmark).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.24 - An overview of Canada’s Arctic and the role of maritime shippingin Arctic communities (Canada).pdf
- PPR 6-INF.25 - Residuals bunker fuel ban in the IMO Arctic waters -an assessment of costs and benefits (FOEI, WWF, Pacific Enviro...).pdf
Marine Litter pre-meeting:
To be uploaded
PAME-I 2019 meetings documents
Agenda Item 1 - Opening of the meetingNo documents
Agenda Item 2 - Introduction and Adoption of the AgendaPAME I-2019 draft agenda with timeline version 30 January 2019 (PDF)
PAME I-2019 draft agenda with timeline version 30 January 2019 (Word)
Agenda Item 3 - Information from the Chair and the Secretariat
- Background documents:
- PAME II-2018 Meeting Report
- PAME II-2018 RoDs
- SAO Report, Nov 2018
- PAME 2017-2019 Work Plan
- SAO Report to Ministers (May 2017)
- 2017 Fairbanks Ministerial Declaration
- Finland Chairmanship Program 2017-2019
- Common Operating Guidelines for Working Groups
- Arctic Council Observer Manual
- Arctic Council Rules of Procedures
- Arctic Council Guidelines for Relationships with Outside Bodies
Agenda Item 4 - Pan-Arctic Network of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)Agenda 4.1: 4th MPA Workshop 19-21 March 2019-Annoted Agenda (Draft Rev 31Jan 2019 version)
Agenda 4.2: Revised project proposal: Modelling Arctic oceanographic connectivity to further develop PAME's MPA toolbox-7 Jan
Agenda 4.3: Revised draft project plan to develop factsheet series-7 Jan
Agenda 4.4(b): Joint PAME-CAFF collaboration with UNEP-WCMC on Arctic PA-7 Jan
- MPA Networks Action Table by USA (version 28 Aug 2018)
- PAME MPA-network toolbox: Area-based conservation measures and ecological connectivity.
- CAFF/PAME Indicator Report on Arctic Protected Areas.
- Framework for a Pan-Arctic Network of Marine Protected Areas (April 2015)
- 1st MPA Workshop Report
- 2nd MPA workshop Report
- 3rd MPA Workshop Report
Agenda Item 5 - Protection from Invasive SpeciesAgenda 5: Summary and next steps on ARIAS ICG-16 Jan 2019
Agenda Item 6 - Arctic Marine Shipping activities (various leads)
Theme I: Enhanced Arctic Maritime Safety
Agenda 6.1(a): Shipping Forum status and next steps-17 Jan 2019
Agenda 6.2(b) (also SEG pre-meeting agenda 7): SARex3 implementation of the Polar Code by Norway
Agenda 6.2 background documents:
Background documents related to HFO and Black Carbon to be discussed in PPR6 meeting:
- PPR 6-12-3 - Combined methodology to analyse impacts of a ban on heavy fuel oil useand carriage as fuel ...
- PPR 6-7-2 - Effective control measures of Black Carbon emissions from marine diesel engines based ....
- PPR 6-INF.15 - Control measures of Black Carbon emissions from marine diesel engines - focus on ....
- PPR 6-INF.11 - Appropriate Black Carbon control measures for international shipping summary of an internat...
Agenda 6.3(a): Low Impact Corridors One pager Jan 2019
Background document: White Paper-Low Impact Shipping Corridors
Theme II: Protecting Arctic People and the Environment
Agenda 6.5(a): Arctic Underwater Noise State of Knowledge Report-Draft, version 10 Dec 2018 (sent out for comments on 10 Dec. 2018).
Agenda 6.5(b): Underwater Noise in the Arctic - 2019-2021 Project Proposal
Theme III: Building the Arctic Marine Infrastructure
- AMSA Project Refresh (sent out for comments 12 Nov)
- AMSA Recommendations Update Matrix (sent out for comments 12 Nov)
i. Revised project plan on BCM mitigation measures for shipping in Arctic-7 Jan 2019
a) Summary of comments received on project plan on BCM mitigation measures for shipping in Arctic (26 Nov version))
iii. Revised project plan on Arctic Marine Tourism
Background documents: (Agenda 6):
- AMSA Final Report (2009)
- 4th AMSA Implementation Progress Report for the period 2015-2017
- Arctic Ocean Review (AOR) Final Report (2013)
Agenda Item 7 - Arctic Offshore Resource Exploration and DevelopmentAgenda 7.1:
- MEMA Report Part 2 - Draft December 21 CLEAN
- MEMA Part 2-Summary for Policy Makers-Draft December 21
- (a): Concept Paper 1- Information Handbook or Reference Guide on Engagement of Indigenous Peoples in Marine Activities.
- (b): Concept Paper 2- Guidance on Engagement of Indigenous Peoples in Offshore Oil and Gas Activities.
- (c): Concept Paper 3- Guidance on Non-Emergency Operations, Monitoring, and Decommissioning.
Annotation to agenda 7.2 (a)-(c)
- Meaningful Engagement of Indigenous Peoples and Communities in Marine Activities (MEMA) Part I Report.
- MEMA Workshop Report.
Agenda Item 8 - Ecosystem-based Approach to ManagementAgenda 8.1: EA Progress Report 2017-2019
- Final draft EA Guidelines Version 12 Jan 2019-CLEAN
- Final draft EA Guldelines Version 12 Jan 2019-TRACK CHANGES
- Annotation to agenda 8.3
- 6th EA Workshop here
- Status of Implementation of the Ecosystem Approach to Management in the Arctic.
- The 2015 – 2017 Progress Report of the Joint Ecosystem Approach Expert Group (EA-EG).
- The Summary Report of the International Science and Policy Conference on the Status of Implementation of the Ecosystem Approach in the Arctic.
Agenda Item 9 - Desktop Study on Marine Litter including Microplastics in the ArcticAgenda 9.1:
- Marine Litter Desktop Study-Final draft-CLEAN-7 jan 2019
- Marine Litter Desktop Study-Final draft-TRACK CHANGES-7 jan 2019
- ML Desktop Study Section III Tables final draft (Annex II)
- Project plan to develop a ML regional action plan-final draft 7 Jan-CLEAN
- Arctic Marine Litter Literature Submission Template Form
- Marine Litter project plan 2017-2019
- Arctic Marine Litter Workshop Summary Report
Agenda Item 10 - Preparations for the 2017 Ministerial Meeting and Arctic Marine Strategic Plan (AMSP) ImplementationRevised documents - 6 February:
- Agenda 10.1: PAME Achievements report 2017-2019 revised 6 Feb
- Agenda 10.2a: PAME 2019-2021 Work plan for SAO Report to Ministers-revised draft 6 Feb
Agenda 10.1: PAME Achievements report 2017-2019 draft 15 Nov 2018
Agenda 10.2(a):PAME work plan 2019-2021 for inclusion into the SAO Report to Ministers
Agenda 10.2(b):PAME Work Plan 2019-2021 - longer standalone version
Annotation to agenda 10.2(a) & (b)
Agenda 10.4: AMSP implementation matrix 29 Jan
Annotation to agenda 10.4
AMSP Implementation Progress Report 2015-2017
AMSP Implementation Plan
Agenda Item 11 - Summary of Meeting Decisions and Follow Up Actions (Chair & Secretariat
Agenda Item 12 - Any other business and closing of the MeetingTo be uploaded
PAME-I 2019 PresentationsPre-meetings: Alternative fuel in the Arctic (Kjetil Martinsen - DNV GL) - SEG meeting (4. feb)
- Presentation by China (Lu Zhibo)
- World Maritime University (Larry Hildebrand)
- The Arctic Marine Climate Change Impact Fact Sheet project plan (Jan Ekebom)
- Arctic Oceanographic Connectivity (Jessica Nilsson)
- Iceland's success in Enhancing Fishing Vessel Safety to Save Lives (Sverrir Konráðsson)
- REDEG (Maureen Copley)
- Ecosystem Approach (Libby Logerwell and Hein Rune Skjoldal)
- Agenda items 9.1 and 9.2 Marine litter (Marine Litter Expert Group)