The purpose of the Forum is to support effective implementation of the IMO Polar Code by making publicly available on a dedicated web portal information relevant to all those involved in safe and environmentally sound Arctic shipping, including shipowners/operators, regulators, classification societies, marine insurers, and indigenous and local communities.
Forum's web-portal: www.arcticshippingforum.is
The Forum places particular emphasis on collecting information of use to Maritime Administrations and/or Recognized Organizations in issuing Polar Ship Certificates and conducting Operational Assessments, as well as information to be used by the shipowners and operators in developing Polar Water Operational Manuals.
More information on the Forum.
Third Forum meeting documents:
- Draft meeting agenda (20 May)
- Meeting focus document
- List of participants (as of May 23nd)
- Information paper co-sponsored by all Arctic Council Member States submitted to IMO's Maritime Safety Committee (MSC 101), to be held 5 June to 14 June 2019, to introduce the Arctic Shipping Best Practice Information Forum and its web portal.
- Hotels recommended by the US Embassy
- U.S. Embassy Economic Affairs London – Information for Official Visitors
- Meeting location
Note that laptops and cellphones may not be using on premises of the US Embassy and if any are brought by visitors, they will be securely locked up during the meeting.