The fourth meeting of the Arctic Council’s Arctic Shipping Best Practice Information Forum will take place via the GoToMeeting videoconference platform on 24-25 November 2020. The virtual meeting will convene for three hours on each of these days.
The Forum's web-portal is available here.
The purpose of the Forum is to support effective implementation of the IMO Polar Code by making publicly available on a dedicated web portal information relevant to all those involved in safe and environmentally sound Arctic shipping, including shipowners/operators, regulators, classification societies, marine insurers, and indigenous and local communities. The theme of this fourth annual Forum meeting was The Polar Code: Trending Toward Success.
The Forum places particular emphasis on collecting information of use to Maritime Administrations and Recognized Organizations in issuing Polar Ship Certificates and conducting Operational Assessments, as well as information used by shipowners and operators in developing Polar Water Operational Manuals.
- 4th Forum meeting agenda.
- Bio's of meeting presenters.
- IMO Circular for the meeting - sent to IMO Member States and Associate Members, and other relevant agencies, from the IMO.
- Mr. Michael Kingston (IMO/PAME)
- Mr. Hjalti Hreinsson (PAME Secretariat)
- Dr. Heike Deggim (IMO)
- Mr. Piotr Graczyk (NORCE)
- Mr. Chris Oliver (International Chamber of Shipping - ICS)
- Rear Admiral Shepard Smith (Arctic Regional Hydrographic Commission - ARHC)
- Ms. Marianne Thyrring (International Ice Charting Working Group - IICWG)
- Dr. Sarah Grimes (World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Mr. James Bond (International Association of Classification Societies - IACS)
- Mr. James Bond (American Bureau of Shipping - ABS) & Mr. Rob Hindley (Aker Arctic)
- Cpt. Hilmar Snorrason (Landsbjörg)
- Mr. Knut Espen Solberg (University of Stavanger)
- Mr. Vladimir Kuzmin (Russian Federation - PSC/FSC Directorate)
- Mr. Sergey Tolmachev (Russian Federation / Mission of the Russian Federation to the IMO)
- Mr. Sam Davin (WWF-Canada)
- Ms. Mellisa Johnson (Bering Sea Elders Group)
Michael Kingston: Forum Web-Portal Development
Hjalti Hreinsson: Shipping in the Arctic Polar Code area
Heike Deggim: Update from IMO