Almost 80 people participated in the biggest PAME WG meeting in history.
The meeting was hosted by the Kingdom of Denmark and was honoured to receive welcoming remarks from Hanne Fugl Eskjær, Senior Arctic Official of Kingdom of Denmark and Lida Skifte Lennert, Head of Representation from Greenland.
Among topics was finalisation of what projects to include in the PAME 2017-2019 Work Plan. Other topics included:
- Framework for a Pan-Arctic Network of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)
- Arctic Marine Shipping Assessment, follow up
- Arctic Offshore Resource Exploration and Development
- Ecosystem Approach to Management
- Preparations for the 2017 Ministerial Meeting
PAME I-2017 meeting report.