Rostekhnadzor (http://www.gosnadzor.ru/) (the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision; Russian: Федеральная служба по экологическому, технологическому и атомному надзору (Ростехнадзор)) is the supervisory body of Russia on ecological, technological and nuclear issues. Its functions include the passage of regulatory legal acts, supervision and oversight in the field of environmental protection with the aim of limiting harmful technogenic impact (including the handling of industrial and consumer waste), safety when working with the sub-soil (e.g. mining), protection of the sub-soil, industrial safety, atomic energy safety (but not including the development, preparation, testing, operation and use of nuclear weapons and military atomic facilities), the safety of electrical and thermal facilities and networks (except for household facilities and networks), the safety of hydraulic structures at industrial and energy sites; the safety of manufacturing, storage, and use of industrial explosives, and also special state security functions in these areas.
Russian Government Resolution No. 404 of 29 May 2008 transferred Rostekhnadzor to the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment; previously, the service had been directly subordinate to the government. However, this was reversed by President Dmitry Medvedev on 23 June 2010, when he brought it back under the direct control of the government. In accordance with RF Government Resolution No. 54 of 1 February 2006, Rostekhnadzor was entrusted with oversight of the construction industry (Wikipedia accessed 8-31-2012
Main functions and special powers
Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision shall carry out the functions of control and supervision in the sphere of:
• the safe conduct of work connected with subsoil use
• industrial safety
• safety in the use of Atomic Energy
• safety electrical and thermal installations and networks
• safety of hydraulic installations
• safety production, storage and use of explosives for industrial use
• environmental protection restrictions concerning the negative impact
Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic inspection carries out functions of the Organization and conduct of the State ecological examination of the federal level.
Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision operates directly and through its territorial bodies in collaboration with other federal bodies of executive power, bodies of executive power of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, public associations and other organizations.
Selected principal powers of the Service
Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision control and supervision:
• for nuclear, radiation, technical and fire safety (nuclear installations);
• for compliance with industrial safety in the design, construction, operation, maintenance and elimination of hazardous production facilities, manufacturing, installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of technical equipment used in hazardous industrial facilities, transportation of hazardous substances at hazardous production facilities;
• for the safe performance of work connected with subsoil use;
• the owners of hydraulic installations and operating organizations, norms and rules of safety of hydraulic installations (except shipping hydrotechnical constructions and hydrotechnical structures, oversight powers are transferred to the local self-government bodies);
• enforcement within the limits of its competence, the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of radioactive waste management;
• the mountain-rescue regarding status and readiness of the units of the paramilitary mining and rescue parts to eliminate accidents on client enterprises;
• for completeness and quality of the implementation of the State authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation referred to the powers of the State ecological examination with the right direction regulations on Elimination of revealed violations, and to prosecute officials, acting on the exercise of delegated powers
Some Permits issues by the Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision:
• on the use of specific species (types) of technical devices on dangerous industrial objects;
• maintenance supervisors of hydraulic installations;
• the emissions and discharges of pollutants into the environment and the harmful physical effects on the atmosphere;
• on the transboundary movement of wastes containing ozone-depleting substances and their products;
• on import into the Russian Federation from the Russian Federation and transit through the territory of the Russian Federation of poisonous substances;
• the use of explosives for industrial use and to work with these materials;
Non-Nuclear Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision:
• approves the regulations for waste and limits on their location;
• registers the hazardous production objects and maintains a public registry of such objects;
• leading public accounting objects that have a negative impact on the environment and the harmful impact on atmospheric air;
• maintains the State Cadastre and public accounting in the area of waste management, and is also working on certification of hazardous waste;
• checks (inspections) compliance with legal and physical persons of the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation, normative legal acts, rules and regulations in the relevant sphere of activities.
Non-Nuclear Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision:
• manages the unified State system of prevention and liquidation of emergency situations management functional sub-systems monitor chemically dangerous and explosive objects, as well as nuclear and radiation hazardous facilities;
• exercise other powers in the assigned area of activity, if such powers provided for in federal laws, normative legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation or the Government of the Russian Federation.
Federal law dated 23.12.2004 No. 173-FZ "on the federal budget for the year 2005" by the Russian Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision are also assigned as administrator of payments for negative impacts on the environment in the Russian Federation in 2005.
Structure Of The Service
Federal public institution "scientific and technical center" energy security "
Federal budgetary institution "Center for laboratory analysis and technical measurements to a central Federal District"
Federal budgetary institution "Center for laboratory analysis and technical dimensions of Volga Federal District"
Federal State budget institution "educational-methodical Cabinet" of Rostekhnadzor
Federal State unitary enterprise in "security"
Territorial Office of technological and environmental oversight by Federal districts
Administration for supervision of objects of oil and gas complex http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&;to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gosnadzor.ru%2Fosnovnaya_deyatelnost_slujby%2Fgosudarstvenniy-nadzor-za-obektami-nefte-gazovogo-kompleksa%2F (Russianhttp://www.gosnadzor.ru/osnovnaya_deyatelnost_slujby/gosudarstvenniy-nadzor-za-obektami-nefte-gazovogo-kompleksa/)
Licensed activities (selected)
LICENSING activities carried out in accordance with the Federal law on Wednesday, no. 99-FZ "on licensing of certain KINDS of activities"
Information about suspend (termination, renewal) of permits for use of technical devices on dangerous industrial objects
The administrative regulation of the Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic control for execution of State functions permit the use of specific species (types) of technical devices at hazardous production facilities, approved by order of the Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision of 29.02.2008 No. 112 (registered in Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation, on March 19, 2008 registration # 11363)
Information from the register of licenses of the central apparatus of the Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision provided in accordance with federal law No. 04/99-FL (Russianhttp://www.gosnadzor.ru/osnovnaya_deyatelnost_slujby/litsenzionnaya_i_razreshitelnaya_deyatelnost/svedeniya-iz-reestra-litsenziy-tsentralnogo-apparata-federalnoy-sluzhbi-po-ekologicheskomu-tehnologicheskomu-i-atomnomu-nadzoru-predostavlennih-v-soot/)
The licenses granted by the central apparatus of the Federal service for ecological, technological and Atomic supervision (in Russian)
Training and certification of workers ' organizations
Organization of work on certification http://www.gosnadzor.ru/podgotovka_i_attestacia/organizatsiya-raboti-po-attestatsii/ (Russian)
Areas of certification
Form of address http://www.gosnadzor.ru/podgotovka_i_attestacia/forma-obrashcheniya/) (Russian)
PreApproval (Russian http://www.gosnadzor.ru/podgotovka_i_attestacia/predattestatsionnaya-podgotovka/ (Russian)
Central Review Board
State duty for issuing certificates of certification http://www.gosnadzor.ru/podgotovka_i_attestacia/gosudarstvennaya-poshlina-za-vidachu-udostovereniya-ob-attestatsii/ (Russian)
Data on accidents and work-related injuries on podnazornyh Next dangerous industrial objects (from the archive of newsletters of the Federal service for ecological, technological and nuclear supervision)
Accidents in the Oil and Gas Industry (from NPMP "IS-GROUP") http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&;to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fsafety.ru%2FIB%2F%23 (Russian http://safety.ru/IB/#)
http://www.gosnadzor.ru/obshestvennyi_sovet/ (PDF in Russian)
List of model types of dangerous production objects for the purpose of registration in the public register http://www.gosnadzor.ru/osnovnaya_deyatelnost_slujby/voprosi-registratsii-opasnih-proizvodstvennih-obektov-i-vedenie-reestra-opasnih-proizvodstvennih-obektov/perechen-tipovih-vidov-opasnih-proizvodstvenniy-obektov-dlya-tseley-registratsii-v-gosudarstvennom-reestre/ (Russian)
Order No. 168 of Rostechnadzor Thursday approving the requirements for maintenance of the State Register of hazardous production facilities in part of naming hazardous production objects for the purpose of registration in the State Register of hazardous production facilities "(in the redaction of Decree No. 16 of Rostechnadzor 641)
● INFORMATION ON THE STATUS OF WORK WITH CITIZENS IN FEDERAL SERVICE FOR ECOLOGICAL, TECHNOLOGICAL AND ATOMIC SUPERVISIONA BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ADDRESSES OF CITIZENS IN SERVICETHE RESULTS OF CONSIDERATION OF REFERENCES OF CITIZENS