The project will cover all Arctic marine and coastal activities, including shipping, offshore oil and gas activities, coastal infrastructure development, and research and management activities. The information to be compiled will come from Arctic Council documents and reports, national legal regimes and guidance of Arctic states, guidelines and declarations from communities and indigenous organizations, international instruments, and guidance from industry, NGO’s and other stakeholders.
Main activities include:
- Finding and Compiling Information
- Documenting Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Workshop on Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Narrative Report
- Background Document on Engagement with Indigenous Peoples for MEMA workshop
- Click here to download the MEMA project plan
- MEMA Analysis Summary
- MEMA Analysis Table
The MEMA Project team facilitated a workshop on September 17th 2016 in Portland, Maine (USA).
- Click here to see the draft agenda
Brian Chambers: Examining Indigenous Engagement Practices and Processes Implemented for the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
Willie Goodwin: Local Marine mammal Mapping